Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Haven't I read this before?

This week’s topic for RTW (Roadtrip Wednesdays) is:
 
What SNI were you psyched to work on, but discovered it was too close to something already done?
This was an easy question to answer.  At first I thought, no, I can’t think really think of anything that I trunked because it was too popular.  Then, it hit me…

A VAMPIRE STORY!

So one day, I was trying to write a scene for Book 1 of the series I’m writing, when suddenly, I hear people talking.  Not out loud of course, they were just voices in my head.

Me: I’m trying to write, leave me alone.

The voices: Yap yap yap, babble babble babble***

Me: Stop!

The voices: Blah, blah, blah, blah.

I gave in, and wrote out the conversation the three people were having.  Then came about eight other scene.  In total, not more than twenty pages.

But I didn’t continue writing it, I didn’t even try to figure out all the plot points. 
Why?

This was back in 2008, when Twilight was getting popular.  Time went on, The Vampire Diaries (LOVE!) premiered.  And of course, a million other vampire things.  I didn’t want people thinking, “ugh, another vampire story.”  I didn’t want it judged so quickly.    
So that story remains incomplete.  The folder has been opened, I have reread what I’ve written – and I find it pretty interesting, which is the amazing part.  Will I ever finish it? I don’t know. First I have to finish my series. It’s going on seven years now, I think it’s time, but let’s see if it wants to get finished.  Then, I really want to write a sci-fi series.  Oh, I have that stand-alone book I wrote that needs serious editing.

Hmmm, apparently I won’t be finishing it….

We’ll see.  *shrugs*


What about everyone else?



***Which city do people that talk a lot live in?
...
...
...
Babylon!

Get it?  Ahahahaha!

1 comment:

  1. At least you're not ditching it. You never know when the urge will strike to work on it some more. By then, the current vampire trend may have passed, and yours will be something different! :)

    ReplyDelete